Thursday, June 09, 2005

My Angel of Music

Her name is Cassidy Rose....she is smart, funny and talented....and she is starting JUNIOR HIGH next year!

Oh my goodness, how time flies. It feels like just yesterday when I first met Cassidy on the campus of Cal State San Marcos. She was hanging out with her mom and when she met me she said, "Hi, Shamie!" She had the most wonderful little buck teeth. I remember the first time I visited her at her home. It was around Valentine's Day and she kept offering me candy hearts so that she could eat one with me. Now she is my daughter and I could not be more proud of her.

This past Saturday, Cassidy played her last orchestra concert of the 2004-2005 season. She has been learning to play the violin for several years now and has had quite a variety of great experiences through it all. She has played solo recitals and entered a talent show at our church. She has played in orchestras that have played at UCSD, California Center for the Arts in Escondido, Palomar College and Disneyland. She has made great progress and is becoming quite an elegant woman. She played beautifully this past Saturday at Palomar College as part of the Civic Youth Orchestra. I took several pictures from the event and we even had some friends come and support Cassidy. A big thank you to Grammy Rosemary who has continued to support Cassidy financially with lessons, orchestra involvement, and new outfits and violins when needed.

Keep up the great work, Cassidy! You are my angel of music....

1 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how grown up Cassidy is! She's a beautiful young lady all the sudden - oh my goodness! All of your kids are just adorable! I can't believe Alison is so big! I love it when you guys post pictures - thank you and keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home