Friday, May 27, 2005

Marc Broussard

I mentioned him in an earlier post, now I guess I need to step up and tell you all about him.

Marc Broussard is a 22-year old music artist from Carencro, Louisiana. I discovered him when I heard his song "Home" on KPRI. I remember thinking, "This is original and sounds awesome and this brother has some soul." I first thought that I was listening to a new Keb Mo' song, but when I heard it was a new artist, I knew I would have to check into his music more. The next week, I saw the CD Carencro on sale at Target at picked it up. I have to say that I am VERY impressed. Each song on this CD is very different and Marc pulls from all different styles....pop to blues to soul to rock....it is interesting and attractive to me.

I already mentioned Keb Mo'.....Marc's sound also reminds me of some Ray Charles (singing style), Edwin McCain (rock riffs), and even Steely Dan (check out the horn arrangement on "Saturday"). Marc also co-wrote every song on his debut CD and plays acoustic guitar on many of the tracks. Listening to each of Marc's songs, I can tell that he comes from a musical upbringing, so it doesn't surprise me to find out that he is the son of a legendary Lousiana guitarist by the name of Ted Broussard. He also employs the use of many different instruments to bring a full sound to the CD. A check of the CD sleeve shows such diverse instruments as a wurlitzer, washboard, triangle, slide guitar (by the AWESOME Sonny Landreth), organ, 12 string bass, toy piano, moog synth, trombone, saxophone, trumpet, flute, and banjo. Also, the sound engineering on this CD is so good, I feel like I can hear each instrument track individually. My favorite track has to be "Wanderer" (which I am listening to as I write....it is SWEET...).

If you are looking for some new, fresh, heartfelt and soulful rockin' music....Check out Marc Broussard, he will rock your world.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home