Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I've Seen It, Have You?

Has everyone seen Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith by now?

I saw it last night. Visually, it was spectacular. Every scene had something stunning to look at. The digital worlds that Lucas has created are awesome. I enjoyed the movie very much and even though we know how it will end, this does not take away from getting lost in the story.

Frankly, I don't know what people were complaining about with Episodes I and II. I enjoyed those movies very much as well. I kept reading reviews where people were expecting some high art, fancy dialogue movie. Star Wars was never going to be that. The whole concept is based on the old Saturday matinee, cheesy dialogue movies of the past. It is part of the Star Wars charm. If one would take a step back and look at all of these movies as one big story, I think we would see that it is pure genius. The whole Star Wars universe has captured the imaginations of people worldwide. People are fanatical about it because it is fascinating.

I kept looking at Revenge of the Sith and trying to figure out how I could get away with taking my 5 year old son to see it. Even though he loves all of the previous movies, I just can't justify taking him to a theater to see this one. It is too intense in parts and I worry that he would have too many nightmares about it. I mean, I still don't think that he has really put together that Anakin turns into Darth Vader. All I can do now is wait for the DVD to come out and then try and edit out the most intense parts. Boy, I can't wait for the day when I can watch all six movies in order. AWESOME.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home