Monday, April 24, 2006

Pictures

YES! I'm back...
I have to do something about this one post every two months thing. Ima bad boy...

So, I was just putting up some new pictures in my cube at work and it got me to thinking. I have a love/hate relationship with pictures. Do you? I mean, I love great photography. Some friends of mine take some really awesome pictures and I love to look at them. Especially pictures of God's creation in nature. I also love to take pictures. I have a pretty crummy camera, so the pictures are not THAT great. If you've checked out some of the photos linked to past blog entries, then you know what I am talking about. But, I still love to take pictures. I like thinking about how to best frame the shot and how best to capture contrasts and such. It is so cool when the picture comes out as good as or better than seeing the subject live.

But, I also hate pictures. Aside from the obvious thought that we all are so critical of ourselves that we don't like to look at THOSE pictures, I hate pictures because it forces me to see how fast my children are growing up. I put up two pictures today. One of Anthony from his T-ball team, the Alley Cats. I now have three photo buttons of him on various teams. I also pinned up a softball card of Emily on her first softball team, the Fireballs. She looks like a natural with that uniform on. Oh my gosh, they are getting big and growing up and it makes me long for the baby days with their chubby legs and chubby cheeks. I guess a feeling of sadness hits me when I see that they are getting older. Of course we cannot slow down time, but those darn pictures capture time and freeze it for us...I HATE it...and I LOVE it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home