Thursday, June 29, 2006

Mat Kearney

My posts are so sporadic, I would be surprised if anyone else checks this blog but me. Oh well...
So, to make up for it, I am going to try and post a bunch of stuff today.
Here's the first...



A few weeks back I was strolling through our local Target and noticed that this CD by Mat Kearney was on sale for $9.99. I had heard of Mat Kearney through some magazines that I read and also had heard his song "Nothing Left To Lose" on KPRI. I was jazzed that they were playing it on KPRI because Mat has been billed as a Christian artist and he tours with other Christian bands.
I bought the CD and immediately popped it into my CD player. I have been playing it constantly since then. This CD is awesome!
The melodies are so easy to get hooked on. Mat's voice is very easy to listen to and the grooves are very cool. Mat often gets compared to Chris Martin of Coldplay with his vocal stylings. There are a few songs on this CD that are piano-based that sound a lot like Coldplay. Mat also throws in a twist on some of his songs. He raps! Now some might be turned off by that, but the way that the lyrics float off of Mat's tongue and meet with the easy grooves is pretty awesome. Check out the songs "In The Middle" or "Bullet" and you will see what I mean.
Check out Mat Kearney's website and you can hear the entire CD streaming over there. He also has a journal that he updates as he is touring. Take a listen and let me know what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home