Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday, Monday

Garfield had it right....I hate Mondays! We are perpetually moving towards the next Monday all the time....and I hate it. I keep thinking that we need to eliminate Mondays altogether, but then, wouldn't Tuesday become the next Monday? Hmmm...I guess that wouldn't work out so well.
I've been trying to figure out why I hate Mondays so much. Whenever the dreaded day comes around and I am sitting at my desk at work, I try to take my temperature....How am I feeling on this day (which happens to be Monday)? Invariably, my internal response is that Mondays suck, I wish I were still in bed and I wish I did not have to work.
I am sure that my feelings have a lot to do with the fact that the weekend is over. I love the weekends. I get to spend time with my wife and kids. I get to finally work on some projects that I have been thinking about all week. I can stay up late and (sometimes) sleep in the following morning. But, then Sunday evening rolls around and I feel my shoulders start to tense up. Monday is just around the corner and eventually I am going to have to go to sleep so that I can get up in the morning and start my Monday. Did I already mention that I hate Mondays?
Deep down, I think the real reason I dislike Lunes is that statement I made earlier about having to go to work. I truly dislike traffic congestion and commuting. I am sure that plays a part. In fact, on the days when I can work from home (which at this time happens to be twice a month), I feel happier...more productive.
I don't think I have an aversion to working in general. I mean, in my heart I feel that if I were working in a profession that I was passionate about and loved doing, Mondays would not feel so painful. But, there is something about having to spend time driving to an office and then having to sit in a cubicle for 8 hours that drives me nuts.
Another thing about this constant march towards the next Monday is that it means that time (and my life) are continuing to stampede forward. The days are going by too fast for my liking. Crap...that reminds me of another thing that I dislike...Have you ever noticed a ticking clock? That has to be the most annoying sound ever! Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock....it is the seconds of your life ticking away. Yeah, I can do without that...
So, here I sit in my cubicle on another Monday...marching...can't wait for Wednesday...it's the middle of the week...almost to the weekend...get to hang out with the students that I love so much...Friday is within sight...I love Fridays...now, can we slow down so I can enjoy....crap, Monday is here again.
The march continues...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home